This project involved:
Case Study Background
London Marylebone Station is the Central London terminus for Chiltern Railways which operate a large number of commuter/regional services principally along the M40 corridor to destinations in Buckinghamshire, parts of Oxfordshire and Warwickshire, as well as longer distance services to Birmingham and the West Midlands.
The Station is located in the London Zone 1 Transport for London travel area. Marylebone has excellent transport links with services operated by Chiltern - London Underground also operates directly from the station. Baker Street underground is located within 2 minutes' walk.
The barber’s shop is located under the arch at the front of the station and the business owner who has traded there for over 25 years, and is well respected by their customers, decided to hang his scissors up. This opened up an opportunity to source a new tenant, which was perfect timing for Youngman Marylebone, an already established company trading since 1932, to secure a site in central London.
- Marketing of the vacant unit
- Negotiation with Youngman Oxford to secure a lease of the bijou unit at the front of the station.
- Recommendation to Client to proceed with new lease.
- Agreement of Heads of Terms for a 4-year lease, coupled with a commitment to update and modernise the unit.
- Oversaw the vacation of the existing tenant sensitively and bid fond farewell to a legend of the station.
- Modernisation and refit of unit improving station asset.
- Maintain product mix at station.
- Incremental revenue for the client