This project involved:
Case Study Background
London Marylebone Station is the Central London terminus for Chiltern Railways which operate a large number of commuter/regional services principally along the M40 corridor to destinations in Buckinghamshire, parts of Oxfordshire and Warwickshire, as well as longer distance services to Birmingham and the West Midlands.
The Station is located in the London Zone 1 Transport for London travel area. Marylebone has excellent transport links with services operated by Chiltern - London Underground also operates directly from the station. Baker Street underground is located within 2 minutes' walk.
The kiosk is on the concourse was previously an underperforming tenant, and the unit was an eyesore in a prestigious location of the station. The tenant caused security concerns for the station management team on an ongoing basis.
A number of florists were approached to gauge interest for operating at Marylebone station to compliment the product mix already serving Chiltern customers. Terms were agreed with Marylebone Flowers and the existing tenant was service notice to vacate and remove the kiosk.
- Discussions with various florists in London
- Negotiation with Marylebone Flowers to secure a licence for the pitch
- Notice served to underperforming tenant.
- Heads of terms agreed and client approval sought.
- Input to kiosk design and approval from Client.
- Management of previous tenant vacation and removal of kiosk safely.
- Installation of kiosk and connection to services.
- Enhanced ambiance on concourse with fresh aromas from the flowers
- Improved product mix at station.
- Incremental revenue for the client.