This project involved:
Case Study Background
Bicester North Station is on the Chiltern Main Line, one of two stations serving Bicester in Oxfordshire. Services operated by Chiltern Railways run south to London Marylebone and north to Banbury, Birmingham Snow Hill and Stratford-upon-Avon.
Bicester shopping village is easily accessible from the station and commuters to Bicester North use this station for visiting the designer shopping village, as there is a courtesy bus to and from the village.
The café is on the northbound platform (1), with the main access and car park from the station. The unit is located adjacent to the taxi office.
Following the surrender of the cafe post Covid, the unit has remained unoccupied for a couple of years. A successful marketing campaign provided a number of interested parties but Centenary Lounge, who already have 2 other units on Chiltern’s estate, provided an attractive offer to manage the unit.
Amey TPT Input
- Marketing of the vacant unit
- Following review of the offers received, Centenary provided the best commercial bid with little risk as they operate very successfully on Chiltern’s estate.
- Recommendation to the client to proceed with Centenary Lounge
- Agreement of Heads of Terms for a 4-year lease, with tenant providing a consistently high product offer
- Vacant unit now occupied.
- Professional fit out, with positive comments from customers from day one of trading.
- Station asset modernised and improved.
Customer experience enhanced at Bicester North