This project involved:
Case Study Background
Herne Hill Station is a Grade 2 Listed Building built in 1862 situated in the London Borough of Lambeth.
In 2016 the station was redeveloped, and 4 existing tenants were displaced as a result of the extensive redevelopment.
Perks & White were trading from a small site in the station booking hall with a temporary fit out.
4 new sites were created at the station and were tendered to the open market with LSERs desire to attract local, independent businesses.
- As Perks & White were trading in the station and very popular with both commuters and those living and working in the area, we had several meetings with them to talk them through the tender process and what LSER were expecting from the main coffee offer at the station post redevelopment.
- We published an informal tender, inviting bids from local operators and national brands ultimately recommending a preferred bidder to the client based upon a detailed scoring matrix
- Acting as the conduit between the client and tenant during the construction phase ensuring inexperienced operators were led through the complex consent and legal process
- Perks & White proposed a compelling business plan including a considered financial offer, a detailed and well targeted product range and were selected to operate the site
- Initially Perks & White traded from a temporary site in the booking hall of the station to ensure passengers had the continuity of catering facility at the station during the works.
- A newly fitted out cafe was delivered by Perks & White to the specification outlined within the informal tender. The new café is modern, bright and fitted out to a high standard, with an excellent range of speciality coffee
- The café has not only increased penetration and grown the average transaction values for their core customer but is attracting non passenger custom from the local community.