This project involved:
Case Study Background
Chiltern Railway Company’s redevelopment Warwick Parkway Station included a reconfiguration of the station booking hall to provide improved customer circulation and a larger retail unit, with more seating.
Notice was served on the existing Tenant on the grounds of redevelopment and the opportunity was presented to the open market by way of informal tender.
With footfall at around 700,00 passengers per annum, a number of proposals were received from prospective tenants
- Design advice to client as to how to maximise income potential and customer experience from the new facility
- Analysis of informal tenders and recommending successful bidder to client based upon a detailed scoring matrix
- Dealing with backlash from disgruntled former tenant including the preparation of positioning statements in conjunction with client’s press officer and liaising directly with high profile complainants
- Acting as the conduit between the Client and Tenant in construction phase ensuring inexperienced operators were led through the consent process
- A Start-up company called Morning Sunshine proposed a compelling business plan including a considered financial offer, a detailed and well targeted product range and were selected to operate the new unit
- A newly fitted out cafe was delivered by Morning Sunshine to the specification outlined within the informal tender. The new café is open plan, bright and fitted out to a high standard, with customers able to view the fresh cooking of food and grinding of speciality coffee