Derry/Londonderry (North-West Transport Hub)
Retail, Office & Community Opportunities to Let
Derry/Londonderry is Northern Ireland’s second city and is situated 70 miles northwest
of Belfast. The city benefits from excellent transport linkages through the city’s bus and rail services with regular connections to Belfast. In addition, City of Derry Airport is
located 7 miles north east of the city centre.
The city acts as the administrative and commercial centre for the north-west region
and benefits from close cross border linkages.
Major occupiers in the city include Allstate, Seagate Technology, First Source and Kainos.
The new North West Transport Hub will occupy a prominent gateway
site overlooking the River Foyle.The Hub will be located on the site of the
former Waterside Railway Station, adjacent to the existing railway station. The Hub
will be accessible off Duke Street and via a new pedestrian Greenway link with
Ebrington Park and the Peace Bridge.
The North-West Transport Hub will involve the restoration and refurbishment of the
former Grade B listed Waterside Train Station. The new Hub will be an important gateway
to the North-West, aimed at regenerating the local area. It will encourage a modal
shift from car to public transport and other sustainable modes by providing integrated
and convenient services to encourage more active travel for a healthier region.
The development will comprise the following proposals:
• Retail, office and community opportunities
• Construction of an integrated facility for the provision of rail and cross border bus services
• Creation of a new dedicated community space within the Hub building
• New platforms
• An enhanced Park & Ride with 100 on site spaces (estimated) and electric vehicle charge points
• An active and sustainable travel centre
• Demolition of the existing train station to create a new bus turning circle
• A newly constructed greenway link to the city centre via the Peace Bridge with multiple points of direct access from the new Hub building.
Once constructed, the Hub will comprise a mix of retail, office and community opportunities.
Please download the brochure for full details.